RAILTON (FAZ) LIMA
“The main challenge is the fear of the unknown”
Jose Railton de Souza Lima or “Railton Faz” (in Portuguese meaning “Railton Doer”) is a technical Industrial engineer and inventor since age 13, Railton came from a modest family in the Sergipe countryside (in the town of Lagarto) and has conquered the world with his inventions. He currently holds numerous patents, many in use by industry and multinationals. His latest invention is a multi-award winning Municipal Solid Waste Processing Plant.
Some of Railton’s work includes:
- Raitec, a highly efficient volatile gases recuperator which retrieves and prevents the sending of toxic gases into the air from our waste management plants;
- machine for pressing biomass installed in national and multinational companies;
- hydrometer box now largely utilized in the industrial sector;
- camera system used in many ATM machines.
His latest technological innovations rest in the development of environmental equipment.
In that field, Railton has received industry recognition and overseas awards:
UNITED NATIONS MERIT ORDER
In 2015, Railton was honoured with Merit Order from theUnited Nations – UN, Brazil, as recognition for his many years pursuing and inventing technologies aiming at improving the quality of life of
1ST PRIZE INTERNATIONAL BIOMASS AND BIOENERGY AWARD
In 2013, the Railton Faz Nucleus Technology, with the municipal solid waste carbonisation plant (which generates thermic and electric energy from waste) won the International Biomass and Bioenergy First Prize at the Bioenergy Expo Fair in Valladolid, Spain, where it competed with countries such as Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, USA, Spain, Finland, and others.
WON THE ‘BESTGREEN’ TECHNOLOGY AWARD
In 2011, won the award for the BESTGREEN Technology that aims to produce clean energy using urban waste as energy matrix in addition to solving one of the most serious environmental problems of the planet, which is the accumulation of garbage in landfills and dumps & Nbsp;
In 2010, Railton was honoured with the certificate COPAM for the operation and carbonisation of municipal solid waste.
EXPORT MERIT AWARD
In 2009, won the Export Merit Award sponsored by the Wood Magazine in Curitiba –PR, south of Brazil.
Railton recently presented the technology in the form of a scientific paper in XXXI ENEGEP, Belo Horizonte & Ndash; MG, Brazil.
Railton Faz has held various community and business administrative posts:
- President of the Commission of Services Projects of Rotary Foundation, District 4390, present.
- Ambassador of Rotary Disney in Brazil, 2012, present.
- President of the Rotary Club of Lagarto, 2010-2011.
- Associate in the Rotary Club of his home town Lagarto – SE, July 2006.
- Director and Founder of Northeast Rugs, a rug manufacturing company in 2002.
- Business Manager of Fundipe & Cedillas (automotive steelworks industry) in 2000.
- Honorary member of ASSEMAE-National Association of Municipal Sanitation Services in the north of Brazil, between 1997 to 2001.
- President of the Railton Faz Techno-Environmental Nucleus since 1993.
- Founder and CEO of Globe Construction in 1989.